Friday, May 22, 2015

A Useful Writer

Writing well is a talent; thousands of people have it. Writing persuasively is more than a talent; it's a superpower, and a rare one at that. But what use is having a superpower if you aren't faintly interested in doing what superheros do, fighting crime? How can a writer make himself useful?

I've tried many ways. I've written for corporations, agencies, nonprofits, newspapers, blogs, and literary journals, and I've taught writing in a variety of settings. Sometimes I get paid, sometimes I don't. It's the only thing I can do half right, and I'd like to do more of it.

I have started a new venture, a new way to make myself useful. I call it Writing Uncorked. On this site, I'll be writing about what it means and how it goes.  Stay tuned.

But in the meantime, you need some writing done, and for whatever reason, you can't do it yourself. It's urgent, and I can probably help. I'm in Vermont. For a free consultation, which will include my professional recommendation on how we can best get your job done, and a free quote, call me now at 802-989-4314. Or email writing.uncorked@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment